Palmer Hall was dedicated on February 23, 1904. The ceremonies
began in Perkins Hall where David Jordan, president of Stanford
University, gave the address after which General Palmer was awarded
an honorary doctor of laws degree. The ensuing academic procession
(shown below) included Governor Peabody of Colorado and fifty
college and university presidents. The procession ended on the steps
of Palmer Hall where President Slocum made the requisite dedicatory statement.