Click here to return to the Tutt Library Home Page

Virtual Tour of Historic Colorado College
Charles Leaming Tutt Library (1962, 1980)

The Tutt Library was named for Charles Leaming Tutt, president of the El Pomar Foundation for many years and a trustee of Colorado College. The main part of this Modernist building was built in 1962, replacing Coburn Library, which stood where Armstrong Hall stands today. In 1980 the south wing was added to the library. The library houses about a half million books, over 1000 periodical titles, a government documents repository, the college's Special Collections and Archives, and the Crown Tapper Teaching and Learning Center devoted to exploring ways to improve teaching in the electronic age.
Tutt Library

Tutt Library, 1960s

Back to Tour Home Page | On to the next stop on the Tour

Click here to return to CC Home Page
  
      Special Collections Home

maintained by Special Collections; last revised, 02-28-07, jr