Circulation Desk (719) 389-6184
After hours message (719) 389-6658
Alumni, upon filling out a registration card and presenting a current ID, are issued special library cards at the Circulation Desk. Alumni must reside in the Colorado Springs area to have circulation privileges.
- Books and Government Documents (limit 5) – 30 days
- Current Books (CBS) – 30 days
- Videos/DVDs (limit 2) – 24 hours
Two renewals are permitted for items that do not have a hold placed on them. DVDs and Videos may not be renewed.
General collection items may be renewed:
- In person at the Circulation Desk
- By phone (719) 389-6184
- By using the “View Your Own Library Record” option in the TIGER catalog
- By E-mailing Tutt Library Circulation Desk
Alumni may borrow up to 3 books (at any given time) through Interlibrary Loan. Contact the Interlibrary Loan Coordinator, Diane Brodersen, for more information at 389-6664 or email ILL.
Alumni may not request items via Prospector.
Those using library materials, whether in or out of the building, are responsible for any deterioration in the condition of the material while in their use, and for the safe and timely return of the materials.
Designated return areas are the following:
- The Circulation Desk for all material that has been checked out
- The ILL Office for all material from Interlibrary Loan
- The book return bin at the front door for after-hours return
- The tops of microform cabinets for microforms
- Bins on the end of library stacks located throughout the library, for the return of materials which have not been checked out.
Borrowers who lose or damage library material will be assessed a replacement charge plus a $ 5.00 non-refundable processing fee. If a lost item is found and returned in good condition before the replacement has been ordered, the replacement cost will be refunded.
Please see library policy regarding replacement of lost or damaged material.
Overdues and Fines
$ .50 per day for each overdue book (with a maximum of $15.00 per book)Borrowing privileges will be blocked if any materials remain overdue for 3 weeks or more.
$2.00 a day for each overdue video (with a maximum fine of $10.00 per video)
Holds and Recalls
Placing holds on materials is not available to community users.
The following types of materials do not usually circulate.
- Reference materials
- Special Collection materials (no exceptions)
- Any material marked “non-circulating” (e.g., “Library use
only” or “not to leave the library”)
- Most maps
- Some Government Documents which are “non-circulating”
Use of Tutt Library Resources
Online Catalog Access
Periodical Database Access
Alumni may not access our online periodical databases remotely (from off-campus via a password). Our licensing contracts specify that only faculty, staff and currently enrolled students may access these resources from off-campus.