Interlibrary Loan Policies
Interlibrary Loan Coordinator:
Diane Brodersen (719) 389-6664
ILL Fax: (719) 389-6859
Reference Desk (719) 389-6662
What is ILL
Interlibrary Loan may be used to obtain library materials for individual study and research which are not available at Tutt Library but are available from other libraries or document delivery services.
Where is ILL
Login to ILLiad to submit and check on ILL requests.
The ILL office is located on the first floor of the library, to the right of the Circulation Desk.
Who May Use ILL
- Interlibrary Loan is available to current CC students, faculty, staff, and administration, and to retired faculty and staff living in Colorado Springs.
- A valid Tutt Library barcode number is also required.
- Alumni living in Colorado Springs and possessing a valid library barcode may request up to 3 items at a time.
- Thesis students cannot request items on thesis accounts. Use the library barcode on your CC Gold Card.
- Any material found in libraries is potentially available.
- Books, government documents, theses, music and some videos may borrowed, depending on the lending library’s policies. Please note: Videos are difficult to acquire, asmost libraries will not lend.
- Some materials reproduced in microform, such as newspapers, may be borrowed, depending on the lending library’s policies.
- Items missing from Tutt Library, sent temporarily to the bindery, or on order for the library (each status must be so indicated on the TIGER catalog) may also be requested.
- Photocopies from non-circulating materials, such asjournals, or chapters in books, can be requested inaccordance with the copyright law.
Materials NOT Available
The following types of materials cannot normally be obtained through ILL:
- Materials for class reserve, or group use
- Course text books
- Periodical volumes
- Recent, unmicrofilmed newspapers
- Bulky or fragile items
- Reference books
- Rare or valuable material such as manuscripts
There is no charge for Interlibrary Loan services.
Any book lost or damaged while in your possession will be charged to your account for replacement costs. These costs range from $50 to $100.
Requesting ILL Materials
All requests must be submitted online by using the Interlibrary Loan service available on the library home page.
Please contact the Reference Desk at (719) 389-6662 for a quick review and/or help in submitting a request.
Allow at least 3 to 10 working days to receive materials. Keep in mind we always strive to find the quickest method to obtain materials, but there are no guarantees of an exact arrival date.
When ILL loans arrive you are notified via e-mail, and you may pick them up at the Circulation Desk.
Articles will be sent via campus mail or your email account. If you need them the day they arrive, arrangements can be made to hold them to be picked up at the Reference Desk.
Loan Periods and Renewals
- The loan period is determined by the lending library.
- The loan period averages about 4 weeks.
- Loan periods DO NOT follow the CC Block Plan. Please be aware of the due dates. ILL books must be renewed by contacting the ILL office.
- Please keep in mind that not all libraries renew.
Overdues and Fines
$.30 cents per day for each overdue book
Lending libraries determine any conditions regarding the use of their materials. Loans designated for “In Library Use Only” must not leave the building.
All ILL materials borrowed through ILL must be returned to the ILL office by the due date. If the office is closed, return ILL materials to the Circulation Desk. Please leave the book band attached.
Late return, lost, or the poor care of materials jeopardizes the ability of the library to borrow from other libraries in the future.
For assistance or questions, please contact:
(Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
Interlibrary Loan Coordinator