Fourth-Year Student Privileges
• Since many Fourth-Year students have thesis or capstone research requirements, the total number of items that may be checked out on their library account is set at 70 items.
• Books belonging to Tutt and Seay Libraries check out for 60 days with one renewal (60 days).
• DVDs and videos check out for 24 hours and cannot be renewed.
• All material is subject to recall for use by another CC student or faculty member after 14 days.
• The following materials may not be checked out or kept on a study carrel: reference books, periodicals, bound theses, or “Library Use Only” items.
• Class reserve materials check out for three hours and can be used only in the library. Within one hour of closing time, one reserve book (not a reserve DVD or video) may be checked out overnight and returned within one hour after the library opens the following morning.
• Prospector material checks out for three weeks and may be renewed for another three weeks. Due dates for Prospector material cannot be extended beyond one renewal.
• Interlibrary loan materials have due dates set by the owning library. Students must check with the Interlibrary Loan Department to see if a renewal is possible.
Study Carrels for Fourth-Year Students
• Fourth-Year students may reserve a numbered study carrel for individual use by signing up at the Circulation Desk on the first day of each Block and subsequent days if open carrels are still available.
• No carrel reservation is allowed for Half Block, Interims when classes are not in session, or during Spring Break. Students are welcome to use carrels during these times but cannot keep material at the carrel.
• Carrels may be renewed for the following block at the Circulation Desk only during the last three days of the current block. Carrels are cleared of any material that is not renewed during block breaks.
• No carrel renewal is allowed at the end of Block 4. Students may reserve a carrel for Block 5 only on the Monday when Block 5 classes begin.
• Food is not allowed at carrels. Drinks are allowed in covered containers only. Study materials should be maintained to allow custodial staff to clean under and around carrel.