Daryl Alder, Social Science Librarian
IM: tuttalder (AIM and Yahoo!)
office: Tutt Library, room 201 (second floor, on the bridge)
What I do
I am one of three librarians for the social sciences, and I work with the following departments and programs:
I help students, faculty, and staff with their information and research needs, including research papers, projects, and theses. In addition to one-on-one meetings, I visit classes to teach about library resources and services. You’ll also spot me at the reference desk at Tutt Library.
Feel free to stop by my office or make an appointment to chat about your research project. I can be reached by email, IM or phone.
Colorado College activities
- Davidson, Judith, and Alder, Daryl. 1993. Sport on Film and Video: The North American Society for Sport History Guide. Metuchen, J.J., and London: The Scarecrow Press, Inc.
- Iogha, Daryl. 1984. Ulzana’s Raid: The Western Myth and the Excess of Convention. Persistence of Vision 1: 44-46.
- Andrew, J. Dudley. 1984. Concepts in Film Theory. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- African Studies Subject Guide
- Asian Studies Subject Guide
- Chinese Language and Literature Subject Guide
- History and Primary Sources
- History Subject Guide
- Japanese Language and Literature Subject Guide
- Latin American Studies Subject Guide
- North American Studies Subject Guide
- Race and Ethnic Studies Subject Guide
- AH265/PA265 Art and International Trade 1550-1800
- AN 209 Topics in Anthropology: Introduction to Folklife
- ED 327 / ED 527 Teaching Social Studies & Language Arts in Elementary Grades
- ED 556 Action Research for 5th Year MAT Secondary Candidates
- ES 220 Blacks & the Cinema
- FE224/HY224 Survey in Latin American History
- FYE Summer Reading: Ludlow
- HY 120 The American Past (Fall 2011)
- HY 120: The American Past (post 1850)
- HY 200 Colorado and Its Histories
- HY 245 Contemporary U.S. History 1972-2003
- HY 274 The Middle Ages: The Making of Europe
- HY 399 Studying History (Spring 2011)
- HY 410/420 Senior Seminar: Discoveries, Encounters and Conquests
- JA 221 Japanese Skill Maintenance
- PA 406: Asian Studies Senior Thesis Seminar