Steve Lawson, Humanities Liaison Librarian
IM: tuttlawson (AIM and Yahoo!)
office: Tutt Library, room 173 (off the Map Room in the Learning Commons)
What I do
As Humanities Liaison Librarian, I work directly with students and faculty in these departments:
- Art and Art History
- Comparative Literature
- Drama & Dance
- Romance Languages
I consult with students and faculty on their research projects, teach sessions on using the library for research, work with faculty to build the library collection, answer questions at the reference desk and more.
I’m very happy to meet one-on-one with students to talk about your research. We can refine your topic or find articles and books that you may have missed on your own. Drop by my office on the second floor of Tutt Library, or call, email, or IM to make an appointment.
Colorado College activities
[Campus committees etc.]
- Keeping Current with Technology: How popular trends in technology can (and should) be put to use in your library (with Emilie Satterwhite) presented at the Colorado Association of Libraries Conference, 10 November 2006, Denver, and revised for the CLiC Spring Workshop, 19 April 2007, Pueblo.
- Social Software: Making Connections on the Web for the CLiC Spring Workshop, 19 April 2007, Pueblo
- Flickr + Libraries (with Michael Porter), Five Weeks to a Social Library online course
- Library 2.0: Rapid Response to Rapid Change. Colorado Libraries v. 32 no. 2 (Spring 2006) p. 19-21
- Cowles, Esmé, and Steve Lawson. 2002. Sage: developing a database for online resources at the University of California, San Diego. Library Hi Tech News 19 (7):22-27.
- Art and Art History Subject Guide
- Comparative Literature Subject Guide
- Drama and Dance Subject Guide
- English Subject Guide
- Italian Subject Guide
- Philosophy Subject Guide
- Religion Subject Guide
- Spanish Subject Guide