- Databases by Title
- Databases for All Subjects
- Databases by Subject
- Databases on Trial
- Direct Database Links
Databases on All Subjects
- Academic Search Complete
- Coverage: 1865 - current
- Large database with extensive full text access to journals, in addition to abstracts and indexing. Subject coverage is general and broad.
- Google Scholar
- Coverage: N/A
- Retrieves citations to a wide variety of research papers, thesis, books, preprints, abstracts and technical reports. Check for possible full text by using Colorado College Links or Colorado College e-texts buttons next to the citations.
- LEXIS-NEXIS Academic Universe
- Coverage: 1977 - current
- Access to popular press material such as newspaper articles. Also contains law review articles.
- Coverage: N/A
- Union catalog of libraries around the world. Use WorldCat to order items through Interlibrary Loan that are not available through Prospector. WorldCat is also useful for determining if a nearby library has a book or periodical that is needed right away, and for regional libraries not in the Prospector system.
Browse Specific Subjects
Databases on Trial
Please email your comments on trial databases.
User ID: s8712506
Provides access to psychological tests, measures, scales, surveys, and other assessments as well as descriptive information about the test and its development and administration. Trial expires 8/30/12 (DW)
- Oxford Scholarship Online – Oxford Scholarship Online (OSO) offers access to thousands of academic monographs, in 19 subject areas across the humanities, social sciences, sciences, medicine, and law. Trial expires on 6/16/12. (DW)
- North China Herald & North China Daily News 1850-1951 – Coverage for these English-language newspapers spans from 1850 to 1919. Searching is limited to browsing by year and page number (i.e., no keyword searching), and easy-to-use directions for navigating the Chinese interface are available at the reference desk. Feel free to contact Daryl Alder at x6669 for additional help. Trial ends on 4/28/12. (DA)
- Index to Printed Music – is a must-have resource that provides superior access for scholars, performers, teachers, music researchers and students. This resource provides over 425,000 index records of individual music works. Information on music for specific performing forces is easily retrievable and is of great service to performers, conductors, and directors of ensembles. This resource supersedes print resources like Heyer’s and Hill’s Collected editions, historical series & sets & monuments of music. (DS)
Direct Database Links
When TIGER is down, you can use these direct database links to access our licensed library databases. Please note that these links will only work if you are on-campus.