- Who's Who On The Web
- Coverage: varies
- Includes biographical information for over 1.3 million people, searchable by a variety of criteria.
Entries can be searched by name, states, and position (Senator, Representative, Speaker of the House, etc.). Features include photographs, expanded bibliographies, and information about collections of primary source materials for some entries.
- Contemporary Authors
- Coverage: current
- A bio-bibliographical guide to current writers in Nonfictions, etc. Complete biographical and references for more than 90,000 authors in the U.S.
- The American Civil War
- Coverage: 1848 - 1897
- 100,000+ pages of diaries, letters and memoirs by 2000+ authors. Includes many previously unpublished manuscripts. Organized for detailed browsing and searching. Some materials are cross-searchable under Social and Cultural History.
A database featuring artists of North America. The user may search for an artist by name, or select an artist from an alphabetical listing or category of interest, such as notable sculptors. The information for each artist may include records, biography, image gallery, book and periodical references, dealers, museums, and exhibitions.
- British And Irish Women's Letters And Diaries, From 1500-1950
- Coverage: 1558 - 1950
- Contains 100,000+ pages of letters and diaries of over 500 women. Organized for detailed browsing and searching. Cross-searchable under Social and Cultural History.
- Manuscript Women's Letters And Diaries
- Coverage: 1719 - 1976
- Growing collection of writings of women from the 18th-20th centuries, drawn from the American Antiquarian Society. Offers advanced browsing and searching, and high-quality scans. Some materials are cross-searchable under Social and Cultural History.
- North American Immigrant Letters, Diaries, And Oral Histories
- Coverage: 1784 - 2004
- 100,00 pages of letters, diaries, oral histories, interviews and other personal narratives by 2,000+ authors. Some audio recordings are available. Material is organized for advanced browsing and searching. Some materials are cross-searchable under Social and Cultural History.
- North American Women's Letters And Diaries
- Coverage: 1675 - 2002
- 150,000+ pages of diaries and letters from over 1,300 women, supplemented with biographies and bibliographies. Browse and search by detailed factors like author, race, occupation, age at first childbirth, year written, and geographical setting. Cross-searchable under Social and Cultural History.
- Oral History Online
- Coverage: 1930 - 2008
- Growing index to 2,700+ collections of oral history in English from around the world; 280,000+ pages by over 9,000 individuals and pointers to thousands of audio/video files. Browse the Table of Contents by repository, interview, date, place, event or subject. Advanced search allows for detailed searching by factors like names, ages, historical events discussed, and more.
- Social And Cultural History
- Coverage: 1558 - 2005
- Cross-searchable collection of databases containing letters, diaries, oral histories, memoirs and autobiographies. The focus is on personal narratives written or published in North America. Offers advanced browsing and searching of date, place, author/speaker, interviewer, event, subject and more. Indexes some or all materials of North American Women's Letters and Diaries; British and Irish Women's Letters and Diaries; North American Immigrant Letters, Diaries and Oral Histories; The American Civil War: Letters and Diaries; Black Thought and Culture; Manuscript Women's Letters and Diaries.