Borrowing Policy for CC Staff
The following policies apply to currently employed
Colorado College staff.
Circulation Desk (719) 389-6184
After hours message (719) 389-6658
After receiving your Gold Card you must register in the Library to activate your library account. Bring Gold Card to the library, fill out a Tutt application, and then the card will be activated for checking out books.
You must present your Gold Card in order to check-out materials.
- Books and Government Documents – 30 days
- Current Books (CBS) – 30 days
- Videos/DVDs (limit 5) – 24 hours
Renewals are permitted for most items that do not have a hold placed on them.
Videos and DVD’s may not be renewed.
General collection items may be renewed:
- In person at the Circulation Desk
- By phone (719) 389-6184
- By using the “View Your Own Library Record” option in the TIGER catalog
- By E-mailing Tutt Library Circulation Desk
Spouses and dependents of staff may borrow up to 3 books (at any given time) through Interlibrary Loan. Requests for ILL material will be processed as time allows. Contact the Interlibrary Loan Coordinator, Diane Brodersen, for more information at 389-6664 or email Diane.
Those using library materials, whether in or out of the building, are responsible for any deterioration in the condition of the material while in their use, and for the safe and timely return of the materials.
Designated return areas are the following:
- The Circulation Desk for all material that has been checked out (including material borrowed through Prospector)
- The ILL Office for all material from Interlibrary Loan
- The book return bin at the front door for after-hours return
- The tops of microform cabinets for microforms
- Bins on the end of library stacks located throughout the library, for the return of materials which have not been checked out.
Borrowers who lose or damage library material will be assessed a replacement charge. If a lost item is found and returned in good condition before the replacement has been ordered, the replacement cost will be refunded. Please see library policy regarding replacement of lost or damaged material.
Overdues and Fines
Staff will not be charged for overdue books and government documents. If any item becomes 3 weeks overdue, your library account will be blocked until the item is returned. The library’s main goal is not to penalize or make money, but to have materials returned so that others in the CC community will have access to them.
Borrowing privileges will be blocked if any videos/DVDs remain overdue for 3 days or more.
You are responsible for the timely return of all materials, whether or not you receive any reminder or overdue notices from the library.
Holds and Recalls
A hold may be placed on material that is already checked out by clicking on the “Request” button in the TIGER catalog.
Material is subject to recall if the current borrower has had it for more than two weeks.
If an item is recalled it must be returned within four days of the date of recall. Items recalled for reserve must be returned immediately.
Items on the hold shelf must be picked up within ten days of the date of the notice of availability. If it is not picked up within this time, it will be returned to the shelves or given to the next person on the waiting list, if one exists.
The following types of materials do not usually circulate. However, special permission may be given for a special need, so consult a librarian.
- Reference materials
- Special Collection materials (no exceptions)
- Any material marked “non-circulating” (e.g., “Library use only “or “not to leave the library”)
- Newspapers periodicals
- Most maps
- Some Government Documents which are “non-circulating”