Tutt Library has three small studies that may be assigned to Colorado College faculty for research. The studies were refurbished in 2007 with support from Dean Susan Ashley.
- Faculty may be assigned studies for a maximum of four blocks in an academic year; during the summer, studies are assigned by the month.
- All library materials used in the faculty studies must be checked out. The library reserves the right to check studies for missing periodicals and books. Studies may be used only during the hours the library is open for general use. No outside door keys to Tutt Library will be issued.
- The studies are wired for network connections, but Tutt Library does not have computers available to place in the studies. There are no telephones.
The priority order for assignment is as follows:
- Faculty members on sabbatical leave who plan to remain in the Colorado Springs area.
- Faculty members who have been granted release time for research or course development.
- Faculty members who are completing a manuscript for publication or delivery.
- Faculty members who are engaged in other research projects.
These policies were reviewed and approved by the Ad Hoc Library Committee in 2002. Faculty study assignments are managed by Glenna Harrison, Tutt Library Administrative Assistant (x6670).