| For a quick history of Colorado College, take a look
at a Historical
Timeline provided by the College Relations Department.
The Colorado College Collections contain about one thousand books
by CC faculty and alumni, a complete collection of CC publications
such as yearbooks (the Nugget), student newspapers (the Tiger,
Catalyst, Cipher, and more), literary magazines (the
Leviathan, more), alumni magazines, catalogs, and the Colorado
College Studies series. These materials are cataloged in the Tutt
Library Online Catalog.
We have several other collections containing historical materials
on life at CC from its founding in 1874 to the present. Indexes
to some of these collections are below.
College in its entirety ca. 1880
- Colorado College Information
- The Colorado College Information Files contain clippings, memos,
handouts, and all kinds of other information relating to the faculty,
administration, departments, curriculum, and activities of the college.
This is a subject index to the files.
- Colorado College Photographs
- Subject index of Colorado College photographs.
- Colorado College Archives
- The Colorado College Archives contain papers and records that are
not included in the above collections, such as student scrapbooks, floor
plans, and programs from college events. This is a subject index to
- Colorado College Charter
- Text of the founding document of Colorado College.
- Colorado College Buildings
- Information on Colorado College buildings, 1874 to the present.
- Colorado College Trustees
- An alphabetical list of all the trustees who served from 1874-2001,
with brief biographical information.
- Colorado College Audio
- Descriptive list of about 200 audio recordings of Colorado College
events, addresses, radio programs, and more, 1954-present.
- Colorado College Publications
- Visit Special Collections to see historical and current CC student
publications. Most CC publications are also part of the library's general
- Online exhibitions on Colorado College:
- Colorado College Buildings and Views (from Early Views collection)
Colorado College People and Ceremonies (from Early Views collection)
Historical tour of the Colorado College
- Presidents of Colorado College
Fauvel's "Monicagate on Cache La Poudre: The End of the Golden Age of
- Paper on the controversial departure of William Frederick Slocum,
President of Colorado College from 1888 to 1917, by a visiting professor
in the Mathematics Department.
A related article, Joe P. Dunn's "Scandal on the Plains: William F. Slocum, Edward S. Parsons, and the Colorado College Controversies," appeared in the Spring 2010 issue of Great Plains Quarterly (pp. 117-34).
of the Colorado College website
College news clips
- Online archive of news clippings about Colorado College from the recent
The Internet Archive Wayback Machine has samples of CC webpages from