Clinics & Events
Outdoor Education has many weekly and blockly offerings on campus. Our clinics serve to introduce and solidify new or old skills. Most clinics are student taught, and all skill levels are welcome.
Outdoor Ed sponsors many events throughout the year, from movie screenings and speakers to celebrations and conferences.
Weekly Skills Clinics
- Kayak Roll Clinics- Schlessman Pool- Mondays 8-9:30 PM (Blocks 1-6 only): Come learn basic kayak movement and how to roll! All skill levels welcome. All equipment is provided. Just bring a swimsuit!
- Kayak Skills Clinic- Schlessman Pool- Wednesdays 2-3 PM (3-4 PM starting Second Block) : This session is reserved for practicing specific whitewater skills. One previous roll session is required to attend.
- *7th and 8th block pool sessions will be held Sundays 7:00-8:30pm only*
Please see the event schedule or sign into SUMMIT to see our upcoming river events. River trips are typically run in the Fall and Spring. The Specialty pool clinics are held throughout the year.
- Belay Clinics- Ritt Kellogg Climbing Gym- Tuesdays 6-7 PM
- Lead Clinics- Ritt Kellogg Climbing Gym- Thursdays 6-7:30 PM
- Anchor Cleaning Clinics- Ritt Kellogg Climbing Gym- Check SUMMIT for dates/times
- Rock Rescue Clinics- Ritt Kellogg Climbing Gym- Check SUMMIT for dates/times
- Knots/Hitches Clinics- Ritt Kellogg Climbing Gym-Check SUMMIT for dates/times
- Aerial Silks- Ritt Kellogg Climbing Gym-Check SUMMIT for dates/times
- 3-Tier clinic series utilizing the year-round Avalanche Beacon Park at the Outdoor Education Center.
- Check SUMMIT for upcoming clinics:
- 1. Intro to Avalanche Safety
- 2. Single Burial Rescue
- 3. Advanced Avalanche Skills
Outdoor Education Center
Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
To keep our staff safe, we are trying to limit the number of drop-in visitors to the building. Please contact us by phone or email to set up an appointment. Thank you!
- - - - - -
The Ahlberg Gear House, Bike & Ski Co-op, and Ritt Kellogg Climbing Gym are now open with limited operations. Please visit each facility page for more information regarding hours and precautionary measures.