Overview & Application
** Funds to support programming in 2019-20 have been exhausted.**
Applications are being accepted for events in 2020-21 (see Application Deadlines for 2020-21, below).
To allow Colorado College to offer a rich program of cultural and public attractions for the Colorado Springs community through public lectures, musical performances, drama, dance, film, opera, exhibits, etc.
The Cultural Attractions Fund seeks to foster collegiality between CC students, faculty, academic programs or departments, and the wider Colorado Springs community. The Cultural Attractions Fund provides grants for traditional and nontraditional activities that enhance Colorado Springs’ cultural richness, are community oriented, and are free to the public or offered at a modest price.
Who can apply: Colorado College students, alumni, faculty, and staff representing college departments, programs, or organizations may apply for event funding.
How applications are reviewed: A selection committee composed of CC faculty and staff considers applications and makes awards based on the proposed events' ability to meet the criteria above.
Application Deadlines for Academic Year 2020-21
Please submit applications as early as possible, and before the deadlines listed below. Note that funds can be exhausted at any time during the academic year (and before these deadlines), depending on the volume of applications and amount of support awarded.
- For programs taking place July – December 2020, applications are due by the first day of Block 8 (April 20, 2020)
- For programs taking place January – June 2021, applications are due by the first day of Block 3 (Monday, October 19, 2020)
Please submit the form below by the appropriate deadline (see above). Please note:
- Your budget should include funds to broadly publicize your event on campus and within the greater Colorado Springs community, including through print media.
- The application and all supporting materials must be submitted using the web form below.
- Requests for funding for equipment, capital projects, instruments, sets, and similar items will not be considered.
- A complete budget is required. Excel spreadsheets can be copied and pasted into the application.
Students: Students must meet with Amy Hill in the Office of Student Life before applying. Student requests will not be reviewed unless accompanied by a faculty or staff letter indicating commitment to serve as a sponsor and/or advisor. Funds will only be distributed to an official student group or to the Office of Residential Life and Campus Activities (RLCA).
A post-event report, which should include 2 photos, is due within one week following your event.
Contact Mateo Muñoz:
14 E. Cache La Poudre St.
Colorado Springs, CO 80903